Over the entire existence of the legendary game in different countries, millions of its fans have ended up as lucky Powerball winners, which is the dream of every participant in the current draws. For example, in just the American version of the game, more than 300,000 players manage to win the lottery every week.
The number of winners of the weekly Australia Powerball draw is no worse than the number of lucky US Powerball winners. And there are just as many New Zealand and South Africa Powerball winners, because in these regional lotteries, as in the leading Australian and American lotteries, people from many other countries participate. Every week, more than 1 million lotto Powerball tickets on different continents turn out to be lucky and collect multi-million dollar wins across different categories.
Given the enormous popularity of the legendary lottery in the countries of the draws and beyond, the gigantic size of the Powerball jackpot is a familiar and exciting phenomenon for draw participants. You too, can be among the winners of the famous game and buy Powerball tickets online right now!
PowerPlay is your chance to boost any non-jackpot prizes you win and it only costs an extra US $1 per ticket. The Power Play is drawn using a random number generator (RNG). One selection is made from a pool of 42 balls, each marked with a multiplier amount: 24 marked 2x, 13 marked 3x, three marked 4x, two marked 5x, and a single 10x multiplier which is added as well if the jackpot for that draw is below US $150 million.
If you win a non-jackpot prize in the main draw, and have selected the Power Play option on your ticket, then you are guaranteed to have your prize increased according to the multiple on the ball drawn — up to an impressive 10x. The only exception to this is if you match five numbers, when the increased prize is fixed at US $2 million.
Types of Lottery Services
There are two types of online lottery services. The first is a messenger service which employs a specialist secure courier to buy the ticket on your behalf. A small fee is charged to buy the ticket but there are no commissions on any prizes whatsoever.
The second type of lottery service is where you bet on the outcome of the Powerball lottery. The odds, prizes and most importantly of all, the jackpot, are exactly the same. Large jackpots are covered by using sophisticated insurance models. The cost of the ticket is often exactly the same as the face value of the real Powerball ticket. Again, there are no commissions on any of your winnings. Whatever you win you get to keep all of it.
HOW TO PLAY POWERBALL:
Choose five different numbers from 1 to 69 and one Powerball number from 1 to 26
Place wagers by asking for a QUICK PICK or by using the Powerball playslip. Playslips are available at Wisconsin Lottery retailers.
Choose how many draws to play. Each ticket costs $2 per play per draw. Powerball can be played up to 8 draws (4 weeks) in advance.
Select the Power Play feature (an additional $1 per play) for a chance to multiply winnings.
Check playslip carefully before handing it to the retailer. POWERBALL TICKETS CANNOT BE CANCELLED.
Give completed playslip and cash to the retailer.
Receive, sign, and safeguard ticket. A ticket is needed to claim a prize. Playslips are not valid to claim a prize.
For each play, all six selected numbers are printed on one line of the ticket with the Powerball number printed to the right, under the word “POWER.”
Please click here for brochure.
Please click features and procedures for more details regarding this game.
Please click here for Powerball group rules.
HOW TO WIN POWERBALL:
|5 of 5 + Powerball||JACKPOT*||1:292,201,338|
|5 of 5||$1,000,000||1:11,688,054|
|4 of 5 + Powerball||$50,000||1:913,130|
|4 of 5||$100||1:36,526|
|3 of 5 + Powerball||$100||1:14,495|
|3 of 5||$7||1:580|
|2 of 5 + Powerball||$7||1:702|
|1 of 5 + Powerball||$4||1:92|
|0 of 5 + Powerball||$4||1:39|
|Drawings are Wednesday and Saturday at 9:59 p.m. Tickets must be purchased before 9 p.m. on Wednesday and Saturday to be included in that day’s drawing.|
South Africa Powerball
- South Africa Powerball was launched in 2009, with the first game of this most famous Africa lottery, which soon gained an enviable popularity in many countries around the world.
- Key features of SA Powerball:
- Players have to select five numbers from 1 to 50 from the first block of numbers and a single number between 1 and 20 from an additional block of numbers;
- The minimum National Lottery SA jackpot is ZAR 3 million, equivalent to approximately $175,000 US;
- Powerball Lotto South Africa draws are held twice a week — on Tuesdays and Fridays;
- The odds of winning the minimum lottery prize of the last category are 1:35.
The maximum size of the jackpot played in the entire history of the African version of the lottery was ZAR 103 million.
Why is the Powerball jackpot that high so often?
Well, first off because it can never be lower than $20 million. Whenever the jackpot has been won, the top prize restarts at $20 million. When that happens, the Powerball jackpot starts going up by $10 to $20 million per draw. There are two draws per week. So it only takes two weeks until the jackpot breaks the $100 million barrier (unless someone wins the top prize, of course). Once that has happened, it usually increases by 10-15% after every draw.
If you can win the jackpot during these first few weeks you’re going to have a really large prize because you’re going to win millions. Even winning that very first week means you’re going to win a total of $20 million.
But what if you win the jackpot somewhere after that first drawing? Chances are if you win it will be later because this jackpot is rarely won when it’s down that low.
But it happens on a regular basis that the jackpot is not won over a period of eight to nine weeks. Then it will have reached $500 million or more and literally, everyone over 18 in the USA starts playing this lottery. The ball really gets rolling at that point.
It only takes one draw to go from $500 million to $1 billion or more. This is where everyone is going to want to start looking closer and you’re definitely part of that group as well.
Obviously, the higher jackpots get worldwide attention in the media. That includes the UK, and lotto fans from all over the world want to play Powerball online. This is the service that we provide. Not just for UK clients, but for every person of legal age who wants their chance to win the Powerball USA jackpot. So you can play Powerball online.
HOW TO MULTIPLY WINNINGS WITH POWER PLAY:
- For an additional $1 per play per draw (total cost will be $3), Power Play will increase NON-jackpot winnings.
- To select Power Play, mark the Power Play circle on the playslip, or ask the clerk to add Power Play when purchasing a ticket.
- For every Powerball drawing, a Power Play multiplier is drawn to multiply certain prizes.
- When the advertised annuity jackpot is less than or equal to the Major Jackpot Level, the multiplier will be either 2X, 3X, 4X, 5X, or 10X.
- When the advertised annuity jackpot is greater than the Major Jackpot Level, the multiplier will be either 2X, 3X, 4X, or 5X.
- The Major Jackpot Level will never be less than $150,000,000.
- If your ticket wins a prize from $4 to $50,000
Examples: If you added Power Play and your prize is $100 and the Power Play multiplier drawn was 3X, you win $300 ($100 X 3). If you added Power Play and your prize is $50,000 and the Power Play multiplier drawn was 5X, you win $250,000 ($50,000 X 5).
and the Power Play is added, the prize amount will be multiplied by that drawing’s Power Play multiplier.
- The $1,000,000 prize becomes $2,000,000 with Power Play. The Power Play multiplier for the $1,000,000 prize will never be greater than 2X.
Please click features and procedures for more details.
HOW TO WIN MORE WITH POWER PLAY:
|MULTIPLIER LEVEL||ODDS AT OR BELOW Major Jackpot Level||ODDS ABOVE Major Jackpot Level|
|10 times (10X) the prize won||1:43||**|
|5 times (5X) the prize won||1:22||1:21|
|4 times (4X) the prize won||1:15||1:14|
|3 times (3X) the prize won||1:3.4||1:3.3|
|2 times (2X) the prize won||1:1.8||1:1.75|
Big Lottery Service Winners
There are plenty of examples of people winning lotteries from different countries having used an online lottery service.
In May 2016 Matthias from Berlin won a staggering €22 million after betting on the outcome of Germany’s 6aus49 lottery. The 39-year-old IT consultant didn’t tell anyone for weeks as he couldn’t believe how much he had won. He’s now happily retired.
In February 2016, a winner from Cornwall, Ontario won US $1 million on Powerball using The Lotter, an online lottery messenger service. ‘P’ as he is known, was out watching his son play hockey when the draw happened only checking his numbers later that night to find out he was a winner. ‘P’ took the first flight out to New Jersey to collect his prize in person.
Back in 2012, two overseas players shared US $1.25 million won in the US, and in 2015, a player from Iraq claimed US $6.4 million on the Oregon Lottery. All three played using online lottery messenger services, and all three received the prize money they were entitled to — along with anonymity for the men from Iraq and Ontario.
New Zealand Powerball
- The first historical draw of New Zealand Powerball took place in 2001. Since then, the rules of the lottery have changed a little with the aim of improving the conditions for participants in the draws. In particular, the size of the minimum guaranteed jackpot has been increased.
- Information on the main features of NZ Powerball:
- Lottery players have to select six numbers from 1 to 40 from the main set of numbers and one additional number between 1 and 10;
- The minimum jackpot is NZD 4 million (approximately 2.6 million US dollars);
- National Lottery NZ runs twice a week — on Wednesdays and Saturdays;
- The odds of of winning the minimum prize of the last category are 1:38.
Since the launch of the lottery, the maximum size of the NZ Powerball jackpot has been NZD 44 million.
- USA Powerball lottery was first held in 1992. Since then, its format has changed several times, but the basic principles for conducting draws remain unchanged to this day. In the event that any global changes affect the rules or conditions of the lottery draws, you will immediately be informed of this through an announcement on our portal.
- It was in the American Powerball lottery that a system with two drums was used for the first time during the draws to extract the winning numbers. The number of balls in each drum has changed several times since then, but the number of drums has remained the same to this day. Now the format of Powerball drawing is as follows:
- The player chooses five numbers from 69 white balls and one number from 26 red balls;
- In the USA Powerball lottery, the minimum jackpot starts at $20,000,000 (before the crisis associated with the coronavirus pandemic 2020, the minimum size of the Powerball jackpot was $40,000,000);
- Lottery draws are held twice a week — on Wednesdays and Saturdays;
- The minimum odds of winning the lowest prize in the lottery are 1:24.9.
Note that the largest jackpot in the history of Powerball and all American lotteries was $1.6 billion.
How does the US Powerball work?
If you’re looking to purchase a Powerball ticket you want to make sure that you know how to get started, right? The process is super simple and we’re going to go over it right here. Players have to pick five numbers from 1 to 69 (the white balls), plus 1 number from 1 to 26 (red balls). These numbers are considered the regular balls and the Powerball.
In order to win the jackpot, you need to have all 6 numbers on your ticket. Missing a single number means you’re going to win a smaller prize (but you will win something even if you get only 5 matched numbers).
In fact, with the Powerball, you’ll win something if you match all 5 regular numbers and miss the Powerball. You’ll also win something if you get 4 regular numbers and the Powerball. You’re just not going to get quite the same amount as if you matched everything. That’s definitely something great about this game as well.
Is it legal to play US lotteries from the UK?
Yes, it is! Imagine you are in the US – you could easily buy a ticket there. If you win, you have a legal claim to get your prize. If you look at the rules of the game, however, the lottery is not restricted to legal residents of the USA. What that means is you can actually be located anywhere in the world and you can legally purchase a ticket and then you can claim any prize that you may be entitled to.
So if you are a UK resident, and someone else buys the ticket on-site for you, your claim is secure. It is your ticket, and that is all that matters.
So now you have the opportunity to play Powerball online. It’s one of the best options and it’s one that you’re going to want to take a closer look at on our website as well. We can get you set up in no time at all to play Powerball online.
So, now there is no reason for you not to try and win the Powerball jackpot – get your online ticket now!